Monday, May 27, 2013

Don't Rush Grief

There is absolutely no time limit on grief so don't rush yourself or let others rush you.

There's no need for a schedule. There's no need to feel rushed. There's no need to rush others. Take all the time you need to make yourself happy. Some people take a day. Some people take a lifetime. Neither is wrong. I have often been told that I can't be upset because what do I have to be upset about in my life? But grief can last years. Grief can sneak up on you long after you think you've overcome it. So why then, do some people not allow a person to feel grief? Why do some people feel as though it is inexcusable for someone to keep what is upsetting them inside of them? I thank the Lord for the people who believe in me and my grief and allow it to come and go as it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment